Monday, June 15, 2015

Final Thoughts

     One highlight was the still-life. At first I didn't like using acrylics or capturing the likeness of objects, but by the end of the unit I felt more confident with the paints and felt like I was getting the objects on the canvas fairly accurately.
     Another highlight was the imaginative self portrait. I loved the fact that not everything was set in stone, and that it was me, so I could fill my head in the way I am and the way I feel. It looked like everyone had fun with this unit and came out proud of their work. I was pretty proud of my work, but it didn't really come out how I imagined it.
     The last highlight was the watercolors. The painting that I am working on will probably end up being my favorite. Even when we just started working with the watercolors, I felt it kind of click, I really like the way that watercolors don't give second chances, and that if you make a mistake you have to take that mistake and try to turn it into something beautiful.
     These experiences impacted my learning because they made me like art more, and looking back, they have taught me important life lessons as well. Like when something doesn't turn out the way I imagine it, I have to look at it in a different light, and accept it and take it in for the way it is. Also, if you make a mistake, there won't be second chances, the only hope is to approve upon the mistake, or take the mistake and make it into something worth being proud of. They taught me things about my life that I didn't even realize at the time, and they helped me look inside. They have given me a different outlook on the outside world and the way things work.

No comments:

Post a Comment