Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Eyes, Nose, Mouth Exercise

Purpose: To demonstrate understanding of the structure for each feature: eyes, nose, & mouth; To practice using black & white charcoal to render a drawing, using brown paper as the middle value.
 
For the mouth, I need to remember not to blend the colors, and to use the brown as the middle value, and make the light part of the shading more prominent. The lines that I draw need to be darker. I also need to shade the cupid's bow better and make it more accurate.
For the eyes, I need to remember to let brown through as a middle value. I also need to shade under the eyes more accurately and add that glimmer in the eye that makes it seem alive. I also need to work on the curving of the eyelashes and make them curve the right way and the right length.
For the nose I need to make it bigger, and less narrow. I also need to shade around the nose better to make it look like my nose is coming off my face and not flatly pressed into my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment